Date:      Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:23:34 -0800 (PST)
From:      Archie Cobbs <archie@whistle.com>
To:        hm@hcs.de
Cc:        isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b i/f to netgraph (was: Re: Help - I need a login shell over my ISDN line)

Hellmuth Michaelis writes:
> > I'm jumping into the middle of this thread, but... just wanted to
> > put in a plug for netgraph here.  Someday soon 'ppp' will support
> > netgraph, using the ng_ppp(8) node.  If the ISDN/driver code also
> > supported netgraph, then plugging the two together would be trivial.
>
> Now that the netgraph subsystem is part of current, i'm thinking about
> interfacing i4b to it.
>
> What would be a good driver template to start with to interface a
> B-channel to netgraph ?

You can start by looking at ng_sample.c .. or any of the other
types.. I think ng_async.c is a relatively straightforward one
that shows how to (a) send and receive data on hooks, and (b)
receive and reply to control messages.

By the way, would you like to see the header file that we use
at whistle for ISDN? It might be a good place to start from.
(Unfortunately the ISDN stack we use is 3rd party proprietary
so we can't release the corresponding .c file).

We also have a little program that knows how to talk to a node of
this type, which sort of turns your PC into a command line telephone :-)

-Archie