Date:      Sat, 19 Jan 2008 18:22:42 -0500
From:      Greg Mars <authentec@gmail.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Realtek 8111B LAN Chipset

I'm buying parts for a computer and want to make sure that the core
components are as freebsd friendly as possible. So far, I've decided on
a core 2 quad q6600 and I'm choosing the motherboard now. However it
seems many of the popular motherboards have Realtek ALC888 as built-in
audio and Realtek 8111B as built-in LAN.
I read at:

 http://www.freebsd.org/relnotes/CURRENT/hardware/i386/article.html

that the sound should work but I couldn't find any info on the LAN.
Does anyone on the list have any experience with it?

By the way, I'm going to run FreeBSD 7.