Date:      Thu, 9 Jan 1997 16:18:46 -0500 (EST)
From:      spork <spork@super-g.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Installing from Ports collection

Hi,

Not sure if I have asked this already, but I've found that on all of my
2.1.6-RELEASE machines, "make install" of any port fails when trying to
install the man pages.  I assume this has something to do with the macro
called by make for the port install procedure, but I'm really no good with
make and worse at macros.  It looks as if it's trying to grab the pages
from /usr/local/ somewhere.  Has anyone else seen this??  Some examples
include the port of gnuplot, ssh, lsof...  And if not, where is the macro
called during the install so I can nose through it and try and correct it?

Thanks,

Charles