Date:      Thu, 1 Feb 1996 11:27:18 -0700
From:      Nate Williams <nate@sri.MT.net>
To:        Brian Handy <handy@condor.physics.montana.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: silo overflow

> Can someone tell me what this line out of my syslog means?
>
> Jan 27 15:04:24 condor /kernel: sio0: 2 more silo overflows (total 2)
> Jan 27 15:04:32 condor /kernel: sio0: 1 more silo overflow (total 3)

It means the hardware couldn't keep up with the serial load.  I started
seeing that recently on my -stable box at home after I upgraded the
kernel, and I *never* saw it before.  I'm not sure why, but it might be
related to the SPL changes Peter/Bruce made.  (Just guessing).

It's mostly harmless, but annoying since the only load I have is *ONE*
SLIP connection running at 115K on a 486/66 which is mostly unloaded
when I get these messages.

Nate