Date:      Mon, 3 Jul 1995 20:10:35 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Obiara Nwogugu <m-no0122@SPARKY.CS.NYU.EDU>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   installation of freebsd 2.0 on petium 90

hi,
I'm trying to install freebsd on my pentium machine and i am having
problems with the geometry of my hard drive.
My hard drive is a Western Digital model # WDIDE1280/P which is 1280 MB
with 10MS seek time. The configuration of the hard drive in the BIOS
setup is 621 cycles, 64 heads and 63 sectors but while using the
disklabel utility in installing, I found out that the geometry of the
hard drive according to freebsd was as follows: 2484 cycles, 16 heads and
63 sectors.
	When I tried to reboot my PC with freebsd, I got the following
message - wd0: can't handle 64 heads from partition (controller value 16
restored)
	Could someone please let me know what to do about this problem, I
don't know if changing the disk setting in my BIOS setup and
reconfiguring the disk is an option but I will greatly appreciate any
help that can be offered.

Thanks
Obi