Date:      Mon, 12 Apr 1999 11:15:02 +0100
From:      nclayton@lehman.com
To:        jim@corp.au.triax.com, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: The Advocacy Project web site

On Sat, Apr 10, 1999 at 11:25:00AM +1000, Jim Mock wrote:
> We've spent the last week or so putting together the framework for the
> new advocacy pages (which will be put into the FreeBSD www tree in
> about two weeks or so), and we'd like some input and info from all of
> you.  We've got a prototype of the site up temporarily at
> http://www.ghis.net/~jim/FreeBSD/ .

Personal bug bear -- the main header graphic has a white background.  So
does the web page.  If Netscape is in a low colour situation, it will
*dither* the white on the header graphic, leaving ugly stipples.  Please
use giftrans (or possibly called transgif) in the ports tree to set the
background of the GIF to transparent, as well as white.

> What we're looking for is the following:
>
> 	o Updated user group information.  If you've started or belong
> 	  to a user group, please check the site to a) make sure your
> 	  group is listed, b) make sure the info there is accurate,
> 	  and c) if it isn't, please send us updates.

The UK information looks accurate.

Is this page intended to replace the FreeBSD Usergroups information on the
main web site, or to duplicate it?

I'm a little uneasy at having duplicate sources for the same information.
Experience tells me they always get out of sync.  Couldn't this section
just link back to the user groups stuff on the main web site?

--+==[ Systems Administrator, Year 2000 Test Lab, Lehman Brothers, Inc. ]==+--
--+==[      1 Broadgate, London, EC2M 7HA     0171-601-0011 x5514       ]==+--
--+==[              Year 2000 Testing: It's about time. . .             ]==+--