Date:      Sun, 23 Jul 1995 23:16:29 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Tao Jiang <tj2n+@andrew.cmu.edu>
To:        freebsd-current@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   Problem in using sup to get current

Hi,

I don't know if I post at the right place.  I just installed
freebsd 2.0.5 at my home machie by using PPP to transfer
the whole distrubition and it successfully load the distrubition
to my computer from ftp.freebsd.org.
                                      It's a great work!  Thanks.

But after that, when I tried to use sup to sup the current source
tree, I never got it work.  (I followed the sup faq)  The problem
I found at my machine is that after I use PPP to connect to the
internet, I can use ftp, telnet to connect to other site but
never connected to freefall.cdrom.com by anonymous ftp.
(the ftp just hung as soon as I entered "anonymous" at the
username prompt.  Don't know what's wrong here?  (By the
way, if I used dos and use dos's slip to connect to the internet,
then there is no problem at all to connect to freefall.cdrom.com).
Any one can point out what might be the cause of my setting?

Thanks!