Date:      Sun, 18 Apr 1999 19:04:46 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Mark Bermal <mark@ieng9.ucsd.edu>
To:        Johan =?iso-8859-1?Q?M=E5rtensson?= <balrog@swipnet.se>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: LaserJet series 2

On Mon, 19 Apr 1999, Johan [iso-8859-1] M=E5rtensson wrote:

> Thanks! Now I'm getting somewhere!
>=20
> I fixed the above problem, I changfed the permissions.
> And the I configured the if-hp so that the gs line fitted my printer. I c=
an now
> print text without problems. But when I tied to print a simple postscript
> image, the printers memmory runs out! Is there some way I can get It to p=
rint
> the whole image (it prints part of it)?

Sorry, I don't know what to do about that one, maybe somebody else on the
list can help. One solution (not the cheapest) is to go buy more printer
memory, but it probably depends on how the printer prints. Being a laser
printer, it probably prints a page at a time. I've had similar problems
with a laser printer under windows, where it could only print pieces of an
image. Try your printer printing the same image under windows and see if
you get the same problem. If you do, you can either lower the resolution
of the print or buy more memory.

Mark Bermal