Date:      Wed, 28 Nov 2001 10:06:37 -0700
From:      Sean LeBlanc <seanleblanc@home.com>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Realplayer on FreeBSD

On 11-28 08:17, Michael Lucas wrote:
> Okay, dumb question time...
>
> Can you play sound from other sources, i.e., CD/MP3 players?

Okay, now this question and other circumstances spurs on some more
questions:

1. I can't mount an audio CD. I can mount data CDs fine.I get this when I
try to mount audio CD:
cd9660: /dev/acd0c: Invalid argument
2. NOW RealPlayer is working...but KDE sounds are not??? I have
absolutely no idea why this is going on. XMMS still produces sounds. The
only thing I did since yesterday was exit X windows, and shutdown. This
morning, I just started up box, and ran startx. Nothing special. Before I
left X last night KDE sounds were working, and RealPlayer was silent.

Like I said prior, I can play XMMS stuff...never had a problem with that
once I had soundcard working.

--
Sean LeBlanc:seanleblanc@home.com Yahoo:seanleblancathome
ICQ:138565743 MSN:seanleblancathome AIM:sleblancathome