Date:      Wed, 10 Apr 1996 13:47:41 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Richard Chang <richardc@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        Joerg Wunsch <joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hard reading error

On Wed, 10 Apr 1996, J Wunsch wrote:

> As Richard Chang wrote:
>
> > 	Hmmm, I don't have a backup... Otherwise I would just copy the HD
> > to another HD and just reinstall FreeBSD then copy the stuff from the
> > backup drive...
>
> Of course, this *won't* repair your disk.  It would still experience
> the bad sectors.  Reformat it (hardware reformat) before reinstalling
> FreeBSD on it.

	I know, what I meant is first copy all the stuff to another drive
then use the boot/root FreeBSD floppies and delete and create the
partitions on the original drive and then just not have any distributions
on hand.  Then just reboot, copy all the stuff from the backup drive over
and then sup to the latest -current and make world and rebuild the
kernel, will this work?

Richard