Date:      Fri, 17 Jul 2020 19:08:22 -0400
From:      "Vlad D. Markov" <dvoich@aim.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Bluetooth

On Fri, 17 Jul 2020 17:27:02 +0200
Jacques Foucry <jacques+freebsd@foucry.net> wrote:

> Hi friends,
>=20
> Yes, I know? the subject.
>=20
> I can't use my $5 bluetooth mouse on my Lenovo X280 :-(
>=20
> OK, I can use my logitech wireless mouse, but it take me one usb port. :-(
>=20
> So, I there some good news comming with FreeBSD 13? 14? event 15?
>=20
> In fact it's annoying to see BT working out of box with Linux and not wit=
hhccontrol -n ubt0hci write_authentication_enable 1
# hccontrol -n ubt0hci read_authentication_enable
Authentication Enable: Enabled [1]
> FreeBSD.
>=20
> I don't want to blame any body. juste a feeling.
>=20
> --=20
> Jacques Foucry

I thought Bluetooth didn't work myself until I read an old web page (http:/=
/www.oook.cz/bsd/bluetooth.html) that had a few lines I did not see in the =
handbook.

They are in the section about "Pairing":

# hccontrol -n ubt0hci write_authentication_enable 1
# hccontrol -n ubt0hci read_authentication_enable
Authentication Enable: Enabled [1]

The thing I did incorrectly before that was not load the proper module to d=
rive my bluetooth device. That was my mistake.

I am most pleasantly surprised to have BlueTooth working.

Vlad