Date:      Fri, 16 Aug 1996 16:31:45 +0000
From:      "Ian Kallen" <ian@gamespot.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        btanaka@landslide.corp.sgi.com
Subject:   ideal laptop configurations?

I'm thinking about specifiying a laptop I can use for installing
freeBSD -- besides the supported PCMCIA devices I'm interested in
a "Jordan's Picks" for laptop hardware.  (Dell's making some great
laptops this summer but if it ain't supported, I'm not gonna go
there :)  Manufacturers or motherboards, disk controllers, and
video controllers (for Xfree86) if it's something I can specify to a
laptop savvy clone builder.  What's recommended?

Ian Kallen                           ian@gamespot.com
     Director of Technology & Web Administration
            http://www.gamespot.com