Date:      Fri, 22 Dec 2000 20:57:06 -0500
From:      Kevin Way <kway@wgate.com>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   ida driver - Compaq Smart Array 431 - 4.2-RELEASE

I'm attempting to install FreeBSD 4.2-RELEASE on a Compaq ML370 with a
Compaq Smart Array 431 controller.

According to dmesg, the controller gets detected properly, as the correct
model, but then gives the error "can't allocate memory resources",
indicating that bus_alloc_resource is returning NULL for some reason.

I checked CVS for changes in the driver which looked like they might
fix this problem, but found none.

What should I do next, to help get this problem fixed?  I'll gladly
provide any output that anybody would like.  Seeing as FBSD isn't actually
installed on the machine yet, I'm not sure how to best proceed.

	--Kevin

--
  kevin way <kway@wgate.com>
  worldgate communications