Date:      Sat, 09 Jun 2012 23:18:46 +0200
From:      Dimitry Andric <dim@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@zedat.fu-berlin.de>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org, x11@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: graphics/dri: nouveau_array.c:49:16: error: illegal storage class on function,                *extract_u = EXTRACT(char, unsigned, 1);

On 2012-06-09 21:57, O. Hartmann wrote:
> Now, with your patch set installed again, graphics/dri compiles without
> a flaw.
>
> I was wondering why there are not more people/FreeBSD users out there
> having the very same problem.

Most likely because neither WITH_NEW_XORG nor CC=clang are defaults (at
least not yet ;).

I haven't exactly followed the new xorg import, but I imagine it has
been a huge effort to get everything upgraded without breaking too much
existing stuff.

However, this kind of major update always causes a few edge cases to
blow up.  That's why miwi sent the call for testing to several mailing
lists.  So please test, and if possible, send fixes! :)

> I'd appreciate your patch getting permanent soon.

Since this particular fix isn't yet integrated into the latest MesaLib
release, I filed a PR, ports/168902.