Date:      Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:20:23 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Jon Noack" <noackjr@alumni.rice.edu>
To:        "Ben Paley" <ben@spooty.net>
Cc:        FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: flash and libmap.conf?

Ben Paley wrote:
> On Wednesday 17 November 2004 18:27, Jon Noack wrote:
>>> # Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany
>>> #[/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
>>> [/usr/X11R6/lib/browser_plugins/libflashplayer.so]
>>> #libpthread.so.0                 liblthread.so.3
>>> libpthread.so.0   pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>>> libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>>> libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
>>> libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        liblstdc++.so.4
>>> libm.so.6                       libm.so.3
>>> libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>>
>> The following works fine for me (note the path I use is what you have
>> commented out):
>>
>> # Flash6 with Mozilla/Firebird/Galeon/Epiphany/Konqueror
>> [/usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6/libflashplayer.so]
>> libpthread.so.0                 pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>> libdl.so.2                      pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>> libz.so.1                       libz.so.2
>> libstdc++-libc6.2-2.so.3        libstdc++.so.4
>> libm.so.6                       libm.so.3
>> libc.so.6                       pluginwrapper/flash6.so
>
> Interesting. This makes everything bad on my machine. I get this:
>
> bash-2.05b$ mozilla
> Error: No running window found.
> mozilla-bin: Fatal IO error 78 (Function not implemented) on X server
> :0.0.
> bash-2.05b$
>
> I even noticed another small error in my file, where I had liblstdc++
> instead of libstdc++ (a lower-case L too many) but that doesn't help
> either.
>
>> For Konqueror I just added /usr/local/lib/linux-flashplugin6 to the
>> plugins path so that I only need one libmap.conf entry.  This works fine
>> as well.
>
> Perhaps I'll try that when I gat mozilla and flash working - at the moment
> konqueror is the only browser I've got that's working properly, so I'm not
> going to mess with it!

Did you recompile all your ports recently (portupgrade -af)?  You should
certainly do this after upgrading from 4-stable and there was ABI breakage
right before 5.3 that required a recompile to use the new libraries.  You
could try setting the following values in libmap.conf to take care of the
recent ABI breakage (as mentioned in UPDATING):

# use new libraries
libm.so.2                       libm.so.3
libreadline.so.4                libreadline.so.5
libhistory.so.4                 libhistory.so.5
libopie.so.2                    libopie.so.3
libpcap.so.2                    libpcap.so.3

Jon