Date:      Tue, 28 Oct 1997 18:52:03 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Harlan <r3mdh@raex.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        r3cgm@cdrom.com
Subject:   New Version Compatiblities

Hello, I was asked to forward this message to you by Christopher Mann of
Walnut Creek CDROM.

Will the following components of my 486/66 VLB box be compatible with the
new version of FreeBSD?

* Diamond VLB S64DRAM (S3) Video Card
* Promise Enhanced IDE (4HD / 2 Floppy) VLB Disk Controller w/16550 UART
* Mitsumi 4x IDE CDROM                 \  Both of these work correctly
* Colorado T1000 tape backup drive     /  now with Linux 3.2

Christopher questions whether or not the 2.2.5/3.0-snap support is yet for
VLB stuff.

What are your thoughts?

Many thanks,
Mike Harlan

|  Mike Harlan     r3mdh@raex.com             http://web.raex.com/~r3mdh/  |
Rodney: "Who say's money can't buy happiness?"
Joe:    "Well, at least you can pick your own misery!"
	-- Rodney Dangerfield and Joe Pesci, "Easy Money" (1983)