Date:      Sat, 13 Mar 1999 19:35:51 -0800 (PST)
From:      Christopher Nielsen <enkhyl@scient.com>
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD and ThinkPad

On Thu, 11 Mar 1999, Andrzej Bialecki wrote:

> On Wed, 10 Mar 1999, Justin T. Gibbs wrote:
>
> > In article <Pine.BSF.4.02A.9903071945120.5975-100000@korin.warman.org.pl> you wrote:
> > >
> > > I still experience total freezes when accessing sio0. The same goes for
> > > 'pnpinfo' - machine freezes completely, and only hard reboot helps.
> >
> > Under DOS or Win9X, run:
> >
> > PS2 SERA enable
> > PS2 SERA 1
> >
> > The serial port should work correctly under FreeBSD after that.
>
> Ah.. Ok, thanks, I'll try this.
>
> Andrzej Bialecki

I've recently been given a ThinkPad 770X, and I've been wrestling with it
just the same. I think I finally found a stable kernel config for -stable.
The key seems to have been disabling syscons in favor of pcvt. Once I did
that, it stopped randomly hanging and crashing. I still need to run some
stress tests. I'll report more as I find out more info.

--
Christopher Nielsen
Scient: The eBusiness Systems Innovator