Date:      Thu, 23 Aug 2001 08:35:23 -0500
From:      Alfred Perlstein <bright@mu.org>
To:        Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: exec issue in tcsh?

* Jim Bryant <kc5vdj@yahoo.com> [010823 01:33] wrote:
> i noticed this after a build from -current of about 24 hours ago:
>
> due to problems getting kde-2.2 to compile under -current, I am
> currently using windowmaker and doing a `exec startx >&/dev/null`
> to get into X without leaving a console shell open...

Please wrap lines at 70 characters.

I'm using zsh, I have an alias:

alias lox='startx &; disown; logout'

ie. run x in the background, don't hup it at logout, logout.

You're right that ^C will break X, you probably want to ^Z it then
'bg' it followed by disowning it (so tcsh/terminal doesn't hup it)
then logging out.

--
-Alfred Perlstein [alfred@freebsd.org]
Ok, who wrote this damn function called '??'?