Date:      Wed, 3 Jan 2001 03:33:19 -0600 (CST)
From:      Maciuszonek Artur <ummacius@cc.UManitoba.CA>
To:        Fook Sheng <fschan@csah.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100 CE3-10/100

Hmmm this is comming from the newbie. I have the identical card.  Check if
you have the file pccard.conf in your /etc directory.  If I can remember
it does not exist.  Copy the generic one with
cp /etc/defaults/pccard.conf /etc/pccard.conf
now go back to /etc directory and edit the file pccard.conf not the
original one.  Cut out all the lines out of the file except the the xircom
ethernet xircom info
my file looks something like this:
.
.
.

io 0x240-0x360
irq 10
#Xircom CreditCard Ethernet 10/100
card "Xircom" "CreditCard 10/100"
	config 0x1 "xe0" 10
	insert /pccard_ether $device start
	remove /pccard_ether $device stop
.
.
.
also in the /etc/rc.conf file check if you have the line:
pccard_enable="YES"
.
.
.