Date:      Fri, 05 Jun 1998 01:16:02 -0700
From:      David Greenman <dg@root.com>
To:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
Cc:        dyson@FreeBSD.ORG, mike@smith.net.au, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: kernfs/procfs questions...

>> You don't even know if a sysctl is used or not, so I don't think that
>> you are in a position to do so.  By your own admission, you don't know
>> what most of the are for, and you then cannot be a judge.
>
>The people who know what they do have obviously no interest in them
>being used or they would have been documented, so I'm in as good a
>position as anyone, since the person who has a clue doesn't care or has
>forgotten about them.

   If we adopt this philosophy then we might as well just dump FreeBSD and
go work on something else. There are lots of things in FreeBSD that are
undocumented. Documentation is unfortuantely the thing that usually happens
last and we tend to do it in our copious free time (which is rare these
days). I'm strongly in favor of documentation, so I welcome you or anyone
else's contribution in the documentation area.

-DG

David Greenman