Date:      Tue, 3 Dec 2002 11:33:45 +0200
From:      Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>
To:        J R Matthews <jrm@delta-e.com.au>
Cc:        Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: /usr/bin/finger problems...

--aVD9QWMuhilNxW9f

On Tue, Dec 03, 2002 at 02:18:09PM +1100, J R Matthews wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Dec 2002, Kris Kennaway wrote:
>=20
> > On Mon, Dec 02, 2002 at 10:01:22PM +1100, J R Matthews wrote:
> >
> > > I can submit a patch to fix this if you want or not.. I honestly dont=
 give
> > > a damn to be honest ;)
> >
> > Submitting a PR containing a patch is the best way to get this fixed.
> > Thanks!
>=20
> Well the guy who emailed me who dealt with the 'send-pr' which I submitted
> agreed that it was kinda stupid submitting a patch with it.
>=20
> If you cant figure out the one-liner then there's something seriously
> wrong ;)

I believe that Kris meant that submitting a PR would be the best way to
handle any problems you have with FreeBSD, besides usage questions which
belong on the various mailing lists.  In this case, for a genuine
problem, you did the right thing by submitting a PR - this way the fix
progress can be tracked using the GNATS PR database.

A patch was not needed for this particular case, indeed, but in general,
reports for not-so-trivial problems are much more likely to be handled
quickly if they contain patches :)  Of course, PR's without patches are
not taken any less seriously, it's just that they may be delayed a bit,
until somebody figures out exactly what the problem is and how to fix
it.

G'luck,
Peter

--=20
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net	roam@FreeBSD.org
I am jealous of the first word in this sentence.

--aVD9QWMuhilNxW9f

--aVD9QWMuhilNxW9f--