Date:      Tue, 5 Jan 1999 09:45:39 -0800 (PST)
From:      "K. Marsh" <durang@u.washington.edu>
To:        "q's" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   3COM 3C507 setup help needed (second time sent)

This card is still not working.  I think this message is key:

	ie0: unknown board_id: f000

The code generating it is:

	(from /usr/src/sys/i386/isa/if_ie.c)

        if (board_id != IEE16_ID) {
                printf("ie%d: unknown board_id: %x\n", unit, board_id);
                return 0;
        }

Where IEE16_ID is 0xbaba

But I can't tell where this board_id is coming from.  Is it read from the
card's ROM?  Is it an id assigned by the isa bus?  I really have no idea.
I'm a complete newbie with networking.  Any help is greatly appreciated.

  Kenneth J. Marsh             University of Washington
  durang@u.washington.edu        Chemical Engineering