Date:      Wed, 29 Dec 1999 01:09:28 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Joss Roots <osiris2002@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: how to redirect output to a file, and then tail it ?

In csh and tcsh and also zsh, you can do:

make world >& world.out&

which directs stderr to the same place as stdout and then sends them both
to the file world.out and puts the whole thing in the background.  You can
then do
tail -f world.out
to see what's happening, and exit the tail process with Ctrl C.

So there are a number of ways to do it.

	Annelise