Date:      Fri, 15 Aug 97 11:08:22 +0100
From:      Ian Stephenson <ians@cam-ani.co.uk>
To:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   -ve time in calcru

Ever scince I upgraded to 2.2 I've been getting messages on console
indicating -ve time in calcru. I've tracked down the printf, but
thats not very helpfull, as the error is clearly some way before
that point.

The problem is probably tied to ether traffic, as I only seem get
the message when my NeXT (the only other machine on the ether) is
turned on, (or has been turned on). The ether card is a cheap ne2000
clone which worked fine under 2.1.7.

Apart form these messages the machine works fine, unless the
messages occur during boot in which case the timing for hardware
initialisation gets messed up.

Has anyone seen this, or know what the problem might be?

Thanks,

$an