Date:      Wed, 9 Jul 2008 11:19:37 -0400
From:      "Josh Mason" <wtf.matters@gmail.com>
To:        remko@elvandar.org, freebsd-security@freebsd.org
Cc:        astorms@ncircle.com
Subject:   Re: BIND update?

Remko Lodder wrote:
> On Tue, July 8, 2008 8:34 pm, Andrew Storms wrote:
>> Are going to expect a update for BIND today?
>>
>> http://www.isc.org/index.pl?/sw/bind/bind-security.php

> Hello,
>
> I think it's important that we do not overstretch things instantly. The
> FreeBSD Security Team is aware of this situation and will investigate how
> to do plan and act upon this.
>
> Thanks,
> Remko

 Right, lets not act swiftly. That would be too much to ask. Is there any
reason why FreeBSD is one of the last vendors to release patches for the
vulnerability?

I apologize, perhaps I should simply do it myself as has been the common
response as of late, or perhaps install from source retrieved from
isc.orgshould be the expected answer?

Most other vendors seem to have taken this seriously, yet FreeBSD seems to
be sitting on their hands for some unknown reason while its users remain
vulnerable.

Thanks for all the hard work,

   Your incredibly loyal follower