Date:      Tue, 23 Sep 2003 22:49:33 -0700
From:      Will Andrews <will@csociety.org>
To:        current@FreeBSD.org, ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Initial list of ports that fail due to -pthread

On Wed, Sep 24, 2003 at 01:34:13AM -0400, Michael Edenfield wrote:
> One very important group of ports that should get looked at when this
> gets worked out is KDE.  Apparently, Qt uses a different means of
> determining wether to use threading, than the ports that depend on it.
> The qt-using ports appear to check for -lpthread, then c++ -pthread, and
> if neither of those checks pass, disable threading:

I have been working with KDE-FreeBSD to make a patch to fix this
problem since last week.  I am nearly done testing it, so please
bear with me and I will get it committed soon.  We expect to
remove it with the release of KDE 3.2 in a few months as it will
be committed to HEAD in KDE.

Also, I believe I fixed qt32 on 18 September 2003.  It certainly
built and works fine on my 5.1-CURRENT 2003/09/19 box.  It's just
KDE that needs fixing at the moment.

I'm typing this in KDE 3.1.4 on said machine.

Thanks.

Regards,
--
wca