Date:      Fri, 23 Jun 1995 21:46:17 +0300
From:      Amos Shapira <amoss@cs.huji.ac.il>
Subject:   Re: Creating iso9660 filesystems

Andrew Herdman <apollo@io.org> wrote:
|Hello;
|
|I have a WORM drive, that i would like to create iso9660 filesystems on
|instead of the normal unix ufs filesystem so I can share the disk between
|DOS/UNIX/MAC (all of which I have)  The WORM drive works flawlessly with
|FreeBSD 2.0 (i will be upgrading to 2.0.5 when my cd shows up).  Is there
|a device driver to do this?  Any ideas or suggestions would be very helpful.
|
|Thanks
|Andrew

Linux has a "mkisofs" program which will dump a filesystem in iso9660
format onto a file (the docs say you can dump that into a partition
and mount the partition in order to check the format, sounds neat :).

I just saw a report that mkisofs was ported to SGI IRIX so I'd expect
a port to FreeBSD should be easy (if it hasn't been done yet).

There is also a program to write "mkisofs" output to CD-ROM's.  Don't
remember its name.

For more pointers about Linux software you should probably look at the
Linux Software Map (LSM for short).

Hope this helps,

Cheers,

--Amos

--Amos Shapira                      | "Of course Australia was marked for
133 Shlomo Ben-Yosef st.            |  glory, for its people had been chosen
Jerusalem 93 805                    |  by the finest judges in England."
ISRAEL          amoss@cs.huji.ac.il |                     -- Anonymous