Date:      Tue, 29 Jan 2013 16:25:42 -0700 (MST)
From:      Warren Block <wblock@wonkity.com>
To:        Alejandro Imass <aimass@yabarana.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Detail in section 25.2.3.3 of the Handbook

On Tue, 29 Jan 2013, Alejandro Imass wrote:

> Maybe it's intentional but in section
>
> 25.2.3.3 Rebuilding Ports After a Major Version Upgrade
>
> The step that says:
>
> portupgrade -f ruby18-bdb
>
> Shouldn't it be ruby-bdb without the 18?
>
> Is there a reason why it has to be ruby18-bdb

That's a good point.  It should probably be the origin,
databases/ruby-bdb.  I don't have a way to test that right now.

But really, it ought to be rewritten to use ports-mgmt/portmaster to
remove the dependency issue entirely.  In fact, that could just refer to
the upgrade process at the end of the portmaster(8) man page.