Date:      Fri, 10 Mar 2006 09:43:20 -0600
From:      Nick Meverden <nmeverden@ci.savage.mn.us>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   JDK1.5 keyboard input stops responding

While using JDK 1.5.0 on FreeBSD there has been issues with javax.swing
components no longer responding to keyboard input and requiring X to be
restarted.  This has happened while running any Swing interface from my
own applications to netbeans IDE 4.1, and 5.0.  Running netbeans on a
1.4 -jdkhome does not have this issue.

I've tested on two different platforms and this happens both on i386 and
AMD64, FreeBSD versions used where from 5.4-Release to latest snapshot
of 6-STABLE.

currently installed:

jdk-1.5.0p2_3       Java Development Kit 1.5.0

But I have noticed this with BSD path level 1 also.

If there's is something painfully obvious that I am missing could
someone please shed some light.  I am available for further
testing/debugging on request.  I am current not subscribed to
freebsd-java so could I please be CC in any responses.

 Thank You,

      - Nick