Date:      Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:01:02 -0500
From:      Louis LeBlanc <leblanc+freebsd@keyslapper.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.org>
Subject:   [OT] file synchronization between two machines

Hey all.  Sorry for the OT question, but here goes.

I have several documents that I modify on two different machines.  Of
course, before I start work on one machine, I have to remember where I
last modified it, and if necessary, copy it over.

I'd like to automate this process.  I know rdist is supposed to do
something like this, but as I understand it, it only works for files
modified in a centralized location.

To further complicate things, communication between the two machines
is strictly one sided.  One machine is behind a firewall that doesn't
have an opening for the second.  I haven't yet had time to set up a
tunnel between the two to remedy that, but ssh access the other way is
trivial.

Anyone know of a tool or method that can check the last modification
date of two files under these conditions and keep them in sync?

Thanks
Lou
--
Louis LeBlanc               leblanc@keyslapper.org
http://www.keyslapper.org                     ԿԬ

Reappraisal, n.:
  An abrupt change of mind after being found out.