Date:      Tue, 18 Aug 1998 14:45:15 -0400
From:      Paul MacKenzie <paul@elehost.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   apache htpasswd problem v2.2.5 on Freebsd 2.2.6

Hello,

I am having a small problem setting passwords with the apache httpd
program. Everything works fine from the setup of the .htpasswd file. The
passwords look somewhat similar to the ones in the passwd file, but the
only problem is that when I try to access the directory with several of
the user names and passwords none work!!

I am not knowledgeable about bryot to be able to make sure all is well

any suggestions? I beleiev I have DES installed on the system &
downloaded the FREEBSD 2.2.5 apache version from the apache.org site

thanks

paul