Date:      Sun, 22 Sep 2002 18:30:42 +0100
From:      "John Wards" <j.wards@sportnetwork.net>
To:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Shared mem...I'm new....

Hi,

I am new at this FreeBSD lark. I have a little exp using Linux and know the
basic commands. I run a website (sportnetwork.net) and we had to upgrade to
a dedicated server which is running FreeBsd 4.6.2 stable (i think). So I
have to begin to learn BSD as the we keep breaking it ;-)

I am Runing MySQL 3.something Apache 1.3.something and PHP 4.2.2 ( i know
that one!)

I have asked on the mysql list the apache list and the php list and they all
point the finger at each other......its like that bloody IBM advert (Its a
server problem...its an application problem....etc!!)

What happens is this.....

The server will run happliy for a while and then for some reason it will not
respond. I think I have narrowed it down myself to a php application we use
called OASIS which is banner serving software. It uses shared memory and for
some reason the server will refuse any request to serve pages that call this
application (You may think i should be on the OASIS website but they start
talking techinical about shared memory and stuff and it confuses me!)

Where do I begin to start de-bugging what is going on? Can anyone help me?

Thanks for any help

John Wards
SportNetwork.net