Date:      Fri, 15 Dec 2000 09:03:09 GMT
From:      Cliff Sarginson <cliff@raggedclown.net>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.2 Not booting problem

Hello .. I posted this problem a while back, and someone did
offer to help, but I "lost" the mail he sent me.
to repeat the problem (reported by at least 2 others in questions-)

I installed 4.2 on my test machine.
A Tulip P90. 48MB Ram, 2Gig disk.
Installation went smoothly.
But, when re-booting, nothing appeared on the screen.

I tried it a few times, with and without "dangerously dedicated disk"
giving the whole disk to BSD etc.

I have used this machine many times for test installations of linux and
freebsd 4.0 systems without any problems.

My final solution was to installa small linux system on it, then
install BSD and use Lilo. This worked fine.

Clues ?

Cliff