Date:      Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:54:07 +0200
From:      "Konstantin Dimitrov" <kosio.dimitrov@gmail.com>
To:        "Da Rock" <rock_on_the_web@hotmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: AVerMedia AVerTV Hybrid FM PCI & PCCCA

On 3/16/07, Da Rock <rock_on_the_web@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Yeah I do know about that driver but I haven't been able to access it until
> now- not sure why. However I did attach a document with details for the
> XC3028- what else is required?

the attachment is just a 'product-brief', for driver development more
technical details are required like XC3018/XC3028 registers and their
control functions, etc.

> The linux driver available is only in binary RPM format, but I believe there
> is a team trying to RE it as of now. Until then is there anything that we
> can do to get things happening? Do we need to put some pressure on the
> manufacturers?

according to:

http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki/index.php?title=AVerMedia_AverTV_Hybrid_FM_PCI_A16D&printable=yes

XC3018 is very similar to XC3028 and to work needs the XC3028 firmware
that can be found from here:

http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php/Em2880

in the LinuxTV source code, that i got from here:

http://linuxtv.org/repo/

there is a 'xc3028.c' file that contains 'firmware upload' routine and
'frequency set' routine, also from the links above seems that
XC3018/XC3028 is on I2C-bus with I2C device address 0xc2.

and i gathered all that information in several minutes ...