Date:      Tue, 14 Oct 2008 18:59:01 +0200
From:      Marco Beishuizen <mbeis@xs4all.nl>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Problems with portupgrade or db

On Tue, 14 Oct 2008 09:35:55 -0700
Jeremy Chadwick <koitsu@freebsd.org> wrote:

> The "Range Not Satisfiable" errors are because your db-4.2.52.tar.gz
> is of an incorrect size (probably larger than what's on the source
> site). The last error (talking about modification time) could
> indicate that you have a clock which is severely skewed or incorrect
> in some way.
>
> Otherwise, if you're *absolutely 100% positive* all is well, then the
> issue could be one of the following:
>
> 1) The db-4.2.52.tar.gz tarball on the distribution sites has changed,
> 2) There is a proxy server between you and the distribution site which
>    is caching data and returning bad stuff,
> 3) You're experiencing underlying corruption going on (network or
> disk), 4) Your ports tree is outdated or broken (some pieces are out
> of date while others are correct).
>
> Here's some evidence that things are indeed working (on my systems)
> how you'd expect -- everything matches up perfectly:
>
> $ wget -q http://download-east.oracle.com/berkeley-db/db-4.2.52.tar.gz
>
> $ md5 db-4.2.52.tar.gz
> MD5 (db-4.2.52.tar.gz) = 8b5cff6eb83972afdd8e0b821703c33c
>
> $ grep db-4.2.52.tar.gz /usr/ports/databases/db42/distinfo
> MD5 (bdb/db-4.2.52.tar.gz) = 8b5cff6eb83972afdd8e0b821703c33c
> SHA256 (bdb/db-4.2.52.tar.gz) =
> f4bddd8d1b4cde0daf5e13e3493ed62a25b736b0bf258e1d929e47bc6a82a28c SIZE
> (bdb/db-4.2.52.tar.gz) = 3919271

I got the tarball you mentioned and this one installed fine so it was
probably changed. I had one of a different size. My clock seems fine
too, it gets updated by a ntp daemon.

But all seems to be working again so thanks for the help.

Regards,
Marco

--
I think the sky is blue because it's a shift from black through purple
to blue, and it has to do with where the light is.  You know, the