Date:      Mon, 19 Apr 1999 15:26:06 +1200 (NZST)
From:      Jonathan Chen <jonc@pinnacle.co.nz>
To:        Mongoos411@aol.com
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: They just shut off the computer while FreeBSD was Running.

On Sun, 18 Apr 1999 Mongoos411@aol.com wrote:

> have no idea what unix is.  They just thought it was dos.  Well, they
> couldn't get out of it, they JUST TURNED THE POWER OFF.  When I turned it
> back on, I got a continuous flood of messages.  So any ideas on how to go
> about solving this?

The automatic reboot will attempt invoke fsck in an attempt to fix the
file-system until it is in a usable state. Just let the messages run
right thru'. It *should* complete successfully (unless you're *very*
unlucky) - after some time; just check that you're not getting looping
messages.

Cheers.

Jonathan Chen