Date:      Tue, 10 Jun 2003 06:46:05 -0700
From:      Joshua Oreman <oremanj@webserver.get-linux.org>
To:        Andreas Kohn <andreas.kohn@gmx.net>
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Complete system restore software for FreeBSD?

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 03:17:07PM +0200 or thereabouts, Andreas Kohn seemed to write:
> Am Mon, 2003-06-09 um 23.36 schrieb pkddeckard@ziplip.com:
> > I have used the Mondo Rescue backup and restore system before
> >  with my Linux machines with great success.  What Mondo allows
> > one to do is a complete system backup and restore from a bootable
> > CD, meaning a system can survive a harddrive failure without a
> > whole lot of fiddling around in reconfiguring software and such.
> > What I'm wondering is, is there similar software available for
> > FreeBSD (preferably free)?
> >
> > For reference, more info on Mondo Rescue can be found here:
> >
> > http://www.microwerks.net/~hugo/
> From the above pages:
>
> FreeBSD users - Joshua Oreman has ported Mondo to FreeBSD. Click to
> download his Mondo[1] and Mindi[2] packages. They are standard tarballs,
> so just use tar xzf and gmake && gmake install to build them. We need
> testers. The FreeBSD port is a work-in-progress, not a stable product
> (yet). We'll keep you posted.
>
> [1] http://www.get-linux.org/mondo-fbsd.tgz
> [2] http://www.get-linux.org/mindi-fbsd.tgz
      This second link is out-of-date - FBSD support is in the main
development tarball now.

Note that the FreeBSD support is still "beta", in a sense. It has not been
tested extensively on 4.x, so please send any problems (with logfiles! -
read the Mondo support page) to me. Better yet, subscribe to the mondo-devel
mailing list & send them there.

Thanks!
-- Josh