Date:      Tue, 22 Dec 1998 13:41:59 -0800 (PST)
From:      michael <killjoy@best.com>
To:        freebsd questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   zwgc is locking me out

I have zephyr installed on my computer and it has been working fine. Last
night I upgraded to 2.2.8 from 2.2.7 and I rebooted and things were still
fine. I rebooted one more time a while later because I wanted to make sure
the startup script for ssh would work as expected but this time I couldn't
log in anymore.

What happens is that I can telnet/ssh/rlogin just fine to the computer but
in csh.login there is a line that starts up zwgc, which is a part of
zephyr. When it tries to start it up zwgc returns with
zwgc: Operation timed out while setting location
and then the login process just sits there.

Is there anyway to choose a login shell other than csh? Or to kill zwgc as
I log in. I tried to simplely control-C and it doesn't do a thing. I also
don't have access to the console because the guy who runs the lab its in
have left the university for the holidays and locked the door.

thanks,

michael