Date:      Fri, 1 Nov 2002 16:09:44 -0500 (EST)
From:      Garrett Wollman <wollman@lcs.mit.edu>
To:        alpha@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   AS4100 -- worth the effort?

I may have a free quad-processor AS4100 (with an unknown amount of
memory) land in my office soon.  How much effort is it going to be
worth putting in to get this machine running FreeBSD?

There are actually eight such machines in the former cluster, at least
one of which was non-functional.  If you think you might want one and
can arrange to have it picked up in Cambridge, Mass., it may be
possible for you to get one or two.  Please send me private mail if
you are interested and I'll talk with the people who are currently
involved in decommissioning the cluster.

-GAWollman