Date:      Wed, 06 Nov 2002 14:02:27 -0700 (MST)
From:      "M. Warner Losh" <imp@bsdimp.com>
To:        julian@elischer.org
Cc:        myevmenk@exodus.net, current@FreeBSD.ORG, net@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Netgraph and KQUEUE(2)

In message: <Pine.BSF.4.21.0211061245450.726-100000@InterJet.elischer.org>
            Julian Elischer <julian@elischer.org> writes:
: Ok but there cound be netgraph nodes that have no hardware but could be
: called into creation by some external event.
: e.g. a netgraph hook on a pseudointerface like gif or tun.
: (not at present but a possibility I was looking at last week)

There's an API that one could expose that would allow these sorts of
things to be passed to devd.  If it is a true interface, then one can
discover that with routing announcements, iirc.  I'd personally like
to see all things in the kernel in the device tree, but there's some
good reasons that this might be a touch too radical.

Warner