Date:      Wed, 13 Aug 1997 16:01:35 +0300
From:      Nadav Eiron <nadav@barcode.co.il>
To:        flame@access.kuwait.net
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: mounting root

flame@access.kuwait.net wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have just installed FreeBSD 2.2.1. The boot process stopes during
> mounting and i get the following error: Panic: unable to mount root.
> After that the system reboots.  Can anyone please help me?

>   v vv
>  vv vv v
> VV V V VV
> XXFLAMEXX

Probably yes, but some more info is needed. Specificaly, it would be
helpful to know what disks you have and on which you installed FreeBSD.
If you installed it on a second IDE disk (master on secondary channel),
try giving
1:wd(2,a)/kernel

at the Boot: prompt. If you installed it on a SCSI disk, and also have
an IDE disk, give
1:sd(0,a)/kernel

at the Boot: prompt. If none of this apply, please elaborate on your
configuration so people can better help you.

Nadav