Date:      Mon, 8 Mar 1999 23:47:54 -0600 (CST)
From:      Steve Price <sprice@hiwaay.net>
To:        Mark <markm@online.dct.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.1 and sound problems

At the boot prompt type '-c' to get into userconfig mode.  At
the next prompt type:

	pnp 1 0 enable os port0 0x220 irq0 5 drq0 0

On Mon, 8 Mar 1999, Mark wrote:

# Hey all --
#
# I recently upgraded to 3.1, but can no longer get sound to work.  I tried the
#
# way I had it working under 2.2.7 (controller snd0, etc), and that no longer
# works.  I have a SB16, which is on IRQ 5, so when I changed the kernel config
# line from IRQ 7 to 5, and added the "options SBC_IRQ=5" line, I got an error
# on the config, saying that SBC_IRQ=5 is not recognized.
#
# Next, I tried leaving the default lines in:
#
# controller      snd0
# device sb0 at isa? port 0x220 irq 7 conflicts drq 1 vector sbintr
# device sbmidi0 at isa? port  0x330
#
# but that didn't work either:
#
# sb_reset_dsp failed
# sb0 not found at 0x220
# sbmidi0 not found at 0x330
#
# So then I tried the new way, with PnP.  I enabled PnP in the BIOS, and then
# in the kernel I put these two lines:
#
# controller pnp0
# device pcm0 at isa? port? tty irq 5 drq 1 flags 0x0
#
# Upon rebooting after a kernel make, I get these error messages:
#
# Probing for PnP devices:
# CSN 1 Vendor ID: CTL0053 [0x53008c0e] Serial 0x000140af Comp ID: @@@0000
# [0x0000
# 0000]
# This is a SB16 PnP, but LDN 0 is disabled
# ...
# ...
# pcm0 not found
#
# So, my question would be, how in all that is holy can I get sound to work?
# Thanks,
#
# --
# Mark Maurer   markm@dct.com    Programmer,  DCT Technologies
#               mwmaurer@mtu.edu Senior,      Michigan Technological University
# "How could this be a problem in a country where we have Intel and Microsoft?"
#   -- Al Gore, on the Y2K bug.  Quoted Vanity Fair, Jan 1999
#
#
# To Unsubscribe: send mail to majordomo@FreeBSD.org
# with "unsubscribe freebsd-questions" in the body of the message
#