Date:      Fri, 18 May 2007 20:35:49 +0200
From:      Uwe Laverenz <uwe@laverenz.de>
To:        freebsd-amd64@freebsd.org
Subject:   cpufreq/powerd workaround?

Hi,

I just learned the hard way, that the use of cpufreq and powerd freezes
AMD64/SMP systems almost immediately. I found some old PRs that describe
this behaviour: amd64/87305, amd64/87689. The age of these PRs make me
think this issue is not going to be solved in the near future. :)

Is there a workaround for this or another way of saving energy?

The system I use is a Tyan S2875 board with 2 Opteron 250.

thank you,
Uwe