Date:      Sun, 12 Aug 2001 14:36:35 +0200
From:      Martin Heinen <mheinen0@wiesbaden-online.de>
To:        Randy Pratt <rpratt@ezwv.com>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Handbook addition: Install

On Sat, Aug 11, 2001 at 09:03:06PM -0400, Randy Pratt wrote:
> I've finished the planned additions to the Handbook for installing (Section
> 2).  I've posted the entire Handbook build but only the following sections
> are involved:
>
>          2.2 Preparing For Installation (unmodified except for section title)
>          2.3 Pre-Installation (new)
>          2.4 Installation (new)
>          2.5 Post-installation (new)

[ ... ]

> I'll merge my additions into the latest chapter.sgml version before
> committing next week.  This will still leave some time for more improvements
> before the 4.4 release.

In chapter 'Configuration and Tuning' the handbook recommends
to turn on Soft Updates.  Although the possibility to do so is
mentioned in '2.4.9 DiskLabel Editor Help' we should show a
picture containing filesystems with Soft Updates enabled.  May be
'Figure 2-26. Sysinstall Disklabel Editor' is a good place
to show this?

Martin

--
Marxpitn