Date:      Tue, 26 Jul 2011 08:05:51 +0300
From:      Valentin Nechayev <netch@netch.kiev.ua>
To:        arved@FreeBSD.org
Cc:        ruby@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: ports/134182: ports-mgmt/portupgrade incorrectly handles manual reject to upgrade

 Mon, Jul 25, 2011 at 11:54:25, arved wrote about "Re: ports/134182: ports-mgmt/portupgrade incorrectly handles manual reject to upgrade":

> Your proposal contains a lot of footshooting potential for the unaware user.

This can be solved by allowing such behavior on option or config clause,
turned off by default.

> I think the current behaviour is the right one.
>
> If you want to update a port without updating its dependencies first, you
> are running an unsupported setting and a lot of problems can occur.

So this is my problem, among with any other unsupported setting, as patched
system, manual port creation, etc.

Do you remember FreeBSD motto - "Tools, not policy"? You have depriven us of
good tool to track dependencies, which still can be useful for complex
circumstances as locally crafted packages, basing on suspect which can be
easily fixed with one small option.

-netch-