Date:      Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:15:37 -0400
From:      Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>
To:        "N. Raghavendra" <raghu@mri.ernet.in>
Cc:        "freebsd-questions@freebsd.org" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD CVS tag

"N. Raghavendra" <raghu@mri.ernet.in> writes:

> At 2008-09-16T14:40:15-04:00, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
>
>> The CVSROOT/config file supports "LocalKeyword".
>
> Is it supported in the version of CVS that comes with the base system?
> It didn't work for me with the system CVS.  According to the CVS CVS
> repo at http://cvs.savannah.gnu.org/viewvc/cvs/ccvs/ the LocalKeyword
> mechanism was introduced with CVS 1.12.2.  The system CVS in FreeBSD
> 7-STABLE seems to be 1.11.17.  I think even the tagexpand capability
> comes through FreeBSD patches to that version.

I thought that was how the "FreeBSD" keyword was implemented.
LocalKeyword was widely supported with patches before it was added to
the official CVS development tree...

The comments in the CVSROOT-src/config file seem to confirm that,
although I'm not sure where the definition is *really* added.

I'm too lazy to track it down now, though.  To be (even more) honest,
I have a strong desire *not* to be a CVS expert.
		http://be-well.ilk.org/~lowell/