Date:      Mon, 3 Jan 2005 10:30:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Doug White <dwhite@gumbysoft.com>
To:        Nate Lawson <nate@root.org>
Cc:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HP OmniBook 6000

On Sun, 2 Jan 2005, Nate Lawson wrote:

> > It used to be fatally broken, due to violating assumptions in the ACPICA
> > code at the time regarding probe order. But that was back when those
> > machines were new, and the code may now handle that case :-)
> >

> I don't know how well that system works but the sysresource issues were
> fixed a while back (before 5.3)

The problem was that one device required a region defined by a child of
another bus that had not yet been initialized.  The code would then get in
in an infinite loop. I have pretty complete traces of this laying around.

I'm pretty sure it was fixed later since the screaming stopped :)

dwhite@gumbysoft.com          |  www.FreeBSD.org