Date:      Sun, 09 Dec 2001 23:27:51 +0100
From:      Aleksander Rozman - Andy <andy@kksonline.com>
To:        freebsd-java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: DBMS and BSD

>Subject: Re: DBMS and BSD
>
>At 7.12.2001, you wrote:
>>Hi all,
>>
>>I was wondering as to which DBMSes most of you were running on our
>>kick-ass O/S. :)  I have found it an unbelievable pain in the arse to run
>>Oracle 8i, what with the severe lack of support.  And so I would like
>>some input concerning your trials and tribulations and successes
>>regarding the DBMS you use in conjunction with the jdbc drivers and jdks
>>available to us currently.
>>
>>So to put it simply: What dbms do you use and which drivers/jdks as well.
>>

>>Thanks so much for the help!
>>
>>-Mel

My reply here:

>Hi Mel !
>
>I use PostgeSQL and I am very satisfied with how it works. I used versions
>from 7.0.x to latest stable release which I think is 7.1.3. I use supplied
>drivers from pgsql package, works like a charm... So far I haven't tried
>my application on BSD since it's not finished, but I have java 1.3.1
>patchetset5 ready to start the work... So far I jdbc driver to access this
>db from net and it works OK.
>
>Andy

*  Aleksander Rozman - Andy  * Fandoms:  E2:EA, SAABer, Trekkie, Earthie *
*     andy@kksonline.com     * Sentinel, BH 90210, True's Trooper,       *
*    andy@atechnet.dhs.org   * Heller's Angel, Questie, Legacy, PO5,     *
* Maribor, Slovenia (Europe) * Profiler, Buffy (Slayerete), Pretender    *
*     PGP key available      *    http://www.atechnet.dhs.org/~andy/     *