Date:      Mon, 22 Sep 2003 11:28:22 +1000
From:      Jason Friedland <jfriedland@ozemail.com.au>
To:        "Matthew N. Dodd" <winter@jurai.net>
Cc:        freebsd-mobile@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IBM TP 600E - Xircom Cardbus

Matthew N. Dodd wrote:
> On Sun, 21 Sep 2003, Scott Mitchell wrote:
>
>>AFAIK this card is supported, but there may well be some kernel or other
>>config tweaking required to get the 600E to recognise it.  Any other
>>600E owners with working pccard slots out there know the right magic
>>words?
>

> I'm using APM on my 600E since ACPI wasn't very functional back when I
> installed.
>
> The cardbus slots require the following:
>
> hw.cbb.start_memory="0x20000000"
> hw.pci.allow_unsupported_io_range="1"
>
> The value for start_memory may require adjusting to suit your local
> machine.  In general it should be a number larger than the amount of RAM
> you have (in bytes).
>
> Other 600E specifc bits are:
>
> X11 config:
>
> 	Only use 16bpp mode, 24bpp is SLOW with the neomagic, and the
> 	LCD isn't actually able to display 24bpp mode anyway.
>
> 	Add the following to Section "Device"
>
> 	    Option      "OverlayMem" "829440"
>
> 	which will allow full screen Xv.
>
> To get sound working use kernel modules 'pcm' and 'snd_mss'; compiling
> things into the kernel leads to a conflict.

Thanks Matthew (and others), I'll give this a shot.

 > 	    Option      "OverlayMem" "829440"

I've got X configured (yep, 24 bit is unuseable) but that's a useful tip
for Xv - thanks.

 > To get sound working use kernel modules 'pcm' and 'snd_mss'; compiling
 > things into the kernel leads to a conflict.

Great. I currently specify the following under Linux for my sound
module: IO-0x530, IRQ=5, DMA=1, DMA2=0. Will I need to specify these as
well under FreeBSD?

Thanks again,

Jason Friedland