Date:      Thu, 24 Jan 2013 10:15:33 -0600
From:      Derek Ragona <derek@computinginnovations.com>
To:        Anton Yuzhaninov <citrin@citrin.ru>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: IPMI SOL setup on FreeBSD 9.1 amd64 supermicro X9SCM-F/X9CL-F

At 09:07 AM 1/23/2013, Anton Yuzhaninov wrote:
>On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 22:52:17, Derek Ragona wrote:
>DR> I have a couple servers that are built using the supermicro
>X9SCM-F/X9CL-F
>DR> motherboards, and I can't quite get IPMI SOL working right.
>DR>
>DR> These motherboards have 3 NIC's.  One NIC is for a dedicated IPMI
>interface.
>DR>
>DR> I have both servers configured to use the dedicated IPMI NIC and these
>DR> NIC's are plugged into a separate unmanaged switch.
>DR>
>DR> Both systems boards are set to redirect com1.  I changed /etc/ttys to
>run a
>DR> getty on /dev/ttyu0.  I have com1 configured to 115,200 baud, 8, n, 1, no
>DR> flowcontrol in the BIOS.  I in have /etc/ttys:
>DR> ttyu0   "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200" vt100   on secure
>
>/etc/ttys:
>ttyu1   "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200" vt100   on  secure
>
>/boot/loader.conf:
>hint.uart.0.flags="0"
>hint.uart.1.flags="0x10"
>boot_serial="YES"
>boot_multicons="YES"
>comconsole_speed="115200"
>console="comconsole vidconsole"

Anton,

Thanks for answering.

I thought:
>/etc/ttys:
>ttyu1   "/usr/libexec/getty std.115200" vt100   on  secure

is for com2?

I also thought:
hint.uart.1.flags="0x10"

Is for com2?

you said:
hint.uart.1.flags="0x10"

Is that for for a serial only console?  I read in some posts, to use:
hint.uart.1.flags="0x30"

for both a local console with a serial console.  I could not find much
documentation on the uart or sio flags.

-Derek

believed to be clean.